Creating a Vampire PC:
Create a vampire PC using the standard MET rules (and any appropriate White Wolf tabletop sources (ie, Bloodlines, Lancea Sanctum, etc)), with the following changes:
- Start at Blood Potency (BP) 3
- You may only increase your starting BP by 1 with creation points
- You may decrease your starting BP by 1 or 2 points, gaining 20 xp for each point lost in this way. Note that this option is mutually exclusive with increasing BP with experience points.
- Once all starting traits have been selected and all creation points spent,
apply 100 experience points as desired. Up to 30 points may remain unspent at the start of game.
Creating a Mortal PC:
Create a mortal PC using the standard MET rules (and any appropriate White Wolf tabletop sources (ie, Ghouls)). Once all starting traits have been selected and all creation points spent, apply 75 experience points as desired. Up to 25 points may remain unspent at the start of game.
Note that I am providing rules for creating vampires and mortals--if you have a strong desire to play something else, contact me privately, and get ready to be convincing.
Other creation details
- Humanity: you may use the optional rule that allows you to gain XP for lowering your humanity at character creation.
- Retainers: we are using the option that a 1 point retainer is a standard, competent individual, and every point invested in him or her after that grants them 10 XP (for a maximum of 40 xp for a 5 point retainer).
- City Status: Do not purchase City Status--that will be awarded by the ST at the start of game, and will potentially fluctuate over the course of chronicle.
- Covenant status: you may purchase covenant status, but I strongly reccomend you work out the "pecking order" within your covenant first.
- Clan status: you may purchase clan status if it suits your character needs, but I don't expect this mechanic to play a major role in the game.